Summit Ideas: Should address :
Digital and engagement skills…
- That gives reasons for business and the council to engage
- That understands priorities for business
- That demonstrates reasons for business, funding organisations, public and big independent funders to fund a long-term, holistic approach to funding and resources.
Further details are all in Tim's write-up.
We finished off with a 'retro' looking at what went well, what didn't go so well and what we would change.
Of course not everyone agreed but many people seemed to enjoy the conversation, style and pace of the event and got something from it.
Some people felt it was not long enough, there was some language issues and that it didn't go into enough depth on the summits.
More time, more networking and more diversity in the room were all things that people would change.
Key takeaways for me were that we are a city full of talented people who care, that the 3 issues we focused on are interlinked, that there is plenty of opportunity to use digital to improve lives and that getting together where you live to do something good can be rewarding and hopeful!
Next Steps are:
- To get a core group of people together to look through the results of this session and plan the three summits including when, format, engagement, connections with other activities.
- To open up the conversation beyond the room/event through trello and slack (two digital project collaboration tools)
- To produce the Sheffield version of the Fab City manifesto
Thank you to Tim who voluntarily put time, creativity and energy into designing the format and materials, to the excellent and skilled facilitators Sooze, Martin and Rob, and to Chris, Mark, Sarah and others behind the scene who helped organise the event.
And not to forget thank you to all the participants who shook off the dismal week in politics and that Friday feeling and willingly shared their time, insights and ideas in the hope of making a difference to the lives of people in Sheffield.
If you would like to join the Sheffield Digital Coalition of the Willing and have an interest in making sure everyone benefits from digital in Sheffield please do have a read of the write up and get in touch with email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
More details coming soon on getting involved through slack and trello.