A chance to be part of the Operations team to deliver a portfolio of projects, improve internal systems and processes and deliver excellent corporate services to the business.
Combination of home and office working, UK - Our office is based in Sheffield.
£21,000 - £26,000
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 3.5 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual’s aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively welcome difference.
About the role
The Operations team’s focus is to deliver a portfolio of projects, improve internal systems and processes and deliver excellent corporate services to the business.
You will support the Project Manager to work on funded and internal project delivery across the portfolio:
- Own the project management of a small number of projects
- Support the project management of larger funded and internal projects
- Deputise for the Project Manager when they are unavailable or on annual leave
- Support the creation of detailed briefs and requirements in order to commission teams on specific pieces of work
- Work with the other Project Officers to ensure detailed plans are in place for the whole portfolio including, accurate delivery schedules, resource plans, budgets and risk logs
You love planning and you love collaborating with colleagues from a range of teams and disciplines. Your role includes supporting the Project Manager as well as taking a lead on your own projects. You’re inquisitive and want to know everything that’s happening, and you’re extremely organised.
As an applicant it is essential that you are able to demonstrate that you possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, education, and qualifications (see Job Description for full details):
- Experience working on projects as administrator or officer level
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience using Monday.com or other cloud based project management software
- Demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrable commitment to using technology, data and insights to monitor progress and improve
- Liaise with the Partnership and Fundraising team in order to handover a successful bid from business development to project set up
- Develop accurate project plans, ensuring all project documentation is completed in the project set up phase
- Ensure all project documentation is maintained and updated throughout the project lifecycle, including but not limited to; project brief, risk log, due diligence documentation, detailed requirements, RACI, budget.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop business requirements and ensure these are communicated to the relevant business owners (Grants, Technology, Research and Comms)
- Manage own projects, as and when required.
- Deputise for the Project Manager by keeping track of critical path, updating project management boards and chairing project meetings
- Ensure risks and issues log is regularly updated and escalate any increasing risks to the Project Manager
- Chase the project team to ensure they are completing the actions they are responsible for on the critical path
- Support the collation of information for individual project reporting as required
- When required, manage the agenda for the Portfolio Board. Documents, notes and actions and communicate the weekly update to the wider businesses
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly progress and status reports on project progress to the Portfolio Board
- Work with the Project Officers and Project Managers to develop improvements to project management processes at Good Things
- Become a Monday.com superuser and help the Operations team embed the use of Monday.com across the business, delivering training to staff as and when required
- Compliance with our corporate systems and processes, using them day to day and becoming a champion of these.
- Willingness and openness to complete training to increase knowledge of corporate systems (currently Salesforce, G Suite, Monday.com, Slack)
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 30th July 2021. Please complete our Equality and Diversity form to help us monitor our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
*Information can be made available in other formats (for example, large print), so please contact us if you need to discuss what alternative format would be accessible for you.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which for this position, will include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK