Head of Research and Data Insight
An exciting opportunity for a collaborative and highly motivated team leader - wanting to make a difference, reduce inequalities and improve people’s lives in the UK and globally.
Combination of home and office working, UK - Our office is based in Sheffield.
£45,000 - £50,000
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week, open to flexible working
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 3.5 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual’s aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively welcome difference.
About the role
This is a leadership role. We particularly welcome candidates whose professional and personal experience will bring new perspectives, understanding and capacity to our leadership team.
You will be a collaborative and highly motivated team leader – wanting to make a difference, reduce inequalities and improve people’s lives in the UK and globally.
You will lead and develop the Research, Data and Insights team – championing the use of data, evaluation and learning. You’ll be responsible for understanding and measuring the difference we make, and building an evidence base about what works and doesn’t to support digital inclusion in communities. You will relish the chance to bridge research, policy and practice; to advocate for change; and to connect with people at all levels – from community groups to international partners. You will share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. See the Job Description for full details.
As an applicant it is essential that you are able to demonstrate that you possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, education, and qualifications:
- Proven track record in leading and managing evaluation research, data collection and analysis, and impact measurement
- Using research and data to make a positive difference in society
- Championing equality, diversity and inclusion
- Managing multiple and complex projects
- Managing, coaching and developing people
- Working in open, collaborative and agile ways
- Working in the voluntary, public or for-profit sector
- Managing budgets, resources and research assets
- Motivated to make a positive difference in society
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Flexible and adaptable, works well in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic mindset – sees the big picture
- Invests in their own wellbeing and that of colleagues
- Understands their strengths and creates teams with complementary skills
- Creates a safe space for their team to grow and learn
- Delegates effectively, while ready to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in
- Curious to understand the meaning behind data
- Interested in public policy and keeping up with external developments
- Commitment to Good Things Foundation’s mission, objectives and goals
- Knowledgeable and passionate about diversity, inclusion & accessibility
- Broad working knowledge across a range of methods – qualitative and quantitative – with deep knowledge of some (evaluation; survey; polling; participatory, peer or action approaches).
- Skilled in designing evaluation frameworks and identifying the right tools
- Skilled in summarising and communicating research to different audiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning, coordination and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills with clear interest in using technology for research
- Degree, or equivalent professional experience, with relevance to the role
How to apply
Please return your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com by the closing date of 30th September 2021. Please get in touch of you would like to submit your covering letter in an alternative format such as audio or video. Please also complete our Equality and Diversity form to help us monitor our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which may include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
- A finance check (some roles)
- A DBS Check (some roles)