Digital Divide & Sustainability Intern
An exciting opportunity to help encourage behaviour change amongst businesses and others to donate their end of life equipment to the National Device Bank
Head Office in Sheffield; hybrid working with some days working from home.
£20,000 per annum, plus excellent benefits
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week, fixed term for 6 months
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 3.5 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual’s aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively welcome difference.
About the role
The Sustainability & Digital Divide Intern will play an important role as part of our team encouraging behaviour change amongst businesses and others to donate their end of life equipment to the National Device Bank.
We particularly welcome candidates whose education, professional or personal experience will bring new perspectives, understanding and capacity.
- Contact large companies/organisations with a view to receiving donations of devices and other technology to the Device Bank
- Provide great administration of contacted companies/organisations to track contacts made
- Carry out follow up communications as necessary
- Independently (once trained) speak to external organisations about the work of Good Things Foundation and the National Device Bank
- Support communications activities (such as social media)
- Use current assets and resources, and advise on where these can be enhanced or where new ones are needed
- Embed continuous improvement so that we test a variety of methods to getting devices donated and we learn so that we can focus on the most effective
- Be committed to the positive environmental impact of the National Device Bank, and support the ongoing collation and use of key external statistics that demonstrates the social and sustainability impact we and partners are having.
- Support communication of the value and impact of the National Device Bank, and our other key offers, to our Strategic Partners and others – working closely with colleagues in the Communications and Research & Data Insights teams.
As an applicant it is essential that you are able to demonstrate that you possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, education, and qualifications (see the Job Description for full details):
- Working as part of a team to deliver an outcome
- Experience of using IT tools (such as spreadsheets, CRM, apps) to ensure efficient administration / organisation of key tasks and/or key contacts
- Experience of working or volunteering in a fast-paced environment (or proven appetite to gain this experience)
- Experience of using Zoom and/or other communication platforms for online meetings.
- Flexible, adaptable, resilient, proactive and a self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good administrative and organisational skills and attention to detail
How to apply
Please return your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com by the closing date of 4th December 2022. We would be grateful if you would also complete our Equality and Diversity form to help us monitor our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Information can be made available in other formats (for example, large print), so please contact us if you need to discuss what alternative format would be accessible for you.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which for this position may include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
- A Satisfactory DBS check