Delivery and Engagement Intern (2 posts)
You will provide flexible support to take forward delivery and engagement plans for the National Digital Inclusion Network, National Databank and National Device Bank.
Head Office in Sheffield; hybrid working with some days working from home.
£20,000, plus excellent benefits
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 3.5 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual’s aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively welcome difference.
About the role
You will provide flexible support to take forward delivery and engagement plans for the National Digital Inclusion Network, National Databank and National Device Bank
You will be a self-starter, resilient and work on your own initiative to play an important role in supporting different teams across Good Things Foundation to grow the network, to provide excellent support across the different services we offer and to support our digital platforms.
We particularly welcome candidates whose professional or personal experience will bring new perspectives, understanding and capacity.
As an applicant it is essential that you are able to demonstrate that you possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, education, and qualifications (see job description for full details):
- Working as part of a team to deliver an outcome
- Experience of providing customer support or a customer facing role
- Experience of working or volunteering in a fast-paced environment (or proven appetite to gain this experience).
- Ambitious individual who is eager to learn quickly with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good experience of using social media
- Good administrative and organisational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in developing technical skills and knowledge to support the management of digital products.
Your responsibilities will include (see job description for full details):
- Provide administrative support for membership engagement activities from new member welcome meetings, training and meet ups (all online).
- Keep records up to date and accurate on Salesforce, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Manage both incoming and outgoing communications to a high standard
- Manage issues through to resolution, taking ownership for their resolution and working with teams from across the organisation to solve problems.
- Support with Beta testing of our redeveloped digital platforms.
- Support the development and management of our digital platforms.
How to apply
Please return your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com by the closing date of 5pm on Tuesday 4th October 2022. We would also be grateful if you would complete our EDI Form to help us monitor our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
*Information can be made available in other formats (for example, large print), so please contact us if you need to discuss what alternative format would be accessible for you.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which for this position, will include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK