Data Analytics Manager
A unique opportunity for an inspirational data professional to shape the work of a leading international charity, at a time when digital inclusion has never been more important.
Flexible / Remote (with HQ in Sheffield)
£34,000 - £37,000 pa
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.8 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual’s aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively welcome difference.
About the role
The Data Analytics Manager is accountable for growing and sustaining our reputation as an expert in data driven social change. You will do this through leadership of the Data Insights Team, and being an expert in data governance, management, analytics, reporting, security, architecture and integration. Thereby ensuring development of good data practice across Good Things Foundation UK and Group.
Your responsibilities will include (see job description for full details):
Leadership of the Data Insights Team
To own the strategic approach to this. This is a core team at Good Things Foundation, who provide a specialist service, ensuring Good Things Foundation is a sector leader in using data insights to grow our impact on the lives of socially excluded people.
Embedding of Good Things Foundation’s new Data Strategy
To own implementation of the Data Strategy and embed this and relevant tools into organisational ways of working, whilst working collaboratively with other teams.
Data analysis and dissemination
To ensure we take a robust and high quality approach to impact measurement, data modelling and mapping.
Business Strategy & Innovation
To lead fast delivery of data analysis to support conversations with new and larger business partners, win new projects, and keep existing partners and projects.
To lead the organisation in the production and external sharing of high impact data visualisations to showcase our work.
As an applicant it is essential that you are able to demonstrate that you possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, education, and qualifications (see job description for full details):
- Ability to understand and integrate data at a technical level
- Capacity to identify trends in existing data and to consider implications of these to the organisation
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Experience of leading data teams, providing strategic support and influence.
- Confidence in understanding core data systems and how they organise and use data.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in data modelling and management techniques and strategies.
- Relevant IT skills – see job description for full details
- A good understanding of available and emerging data regulations, information security, GDPR and best practice.
- An ability to understand how data supports the business and the business’ data needs
- A Bachelor’s degree in data management analysis, computer science, computer engineering, statistics, or other IT-related field or equivalent relevant experience
How to apply
Please return the application form and your CV to: email@example.com by the closing date of Monday 17th May 2021 at 12pm. Please also complete our Equality & Diversity form to help us monitor our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
*Documents can be made available in other formats (for example, large print), so please contact us if you need to discuss what alternative format would be accessible for you.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which for this position, will include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK