Contracts and Facilities Manager (6 month FTC)
An exciting role for someone with a good understanding of contract management, strong budget management skills and experience of managing health and safety in the workplace.
Combination of home and office working, UK - Our office is based in Sheffield.
£27,000 - £34,000 per annum
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 3.5 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual’s aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. Our goal is also to be truly reflective of the makeup of society and we actively welcome difference.
About the role
You will support the Operations function to effectively manage all contracts, procurement activities and ensure staff have the facilities and services they need to thrive at work:
- Work within a project team to set up our new office
- Manage contracts with the landlord, suppliers and other service providers
- Support the Partnerships and Fundraising team to review and negotiate funding contracts
- Lead on the procurement of goods and services and carry out a review of existing suppliers to ensure we are getting value for money for our central/core costs
- Lead on the physical aspects of business continuity
As an applicant it is essential that you are able to demonstrate that you possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, education, and qualifications (see Job Description for full details):
- Experience of commercial contract management
- Experience of setting up a new office and managing facilities contracts
- Experience of running health and safety inspections and risk assessments
- Minimum officer level experience in a similar sized organisation or business unit
- Experience of procurement and of managing budgets
- Degree (or equivalent) in business administration or contract management
- Negotiate with the landlords to ensure Good Things is receiving a good deal on office lease
- Lead the relationship with the landlord and their agents to ensure both parties are adhering to contractual agreement
- Organise all health and safety inspections including regular risk assessments, fire safety inspections, PAT testing for electrical equipment
- Responsible for organising office maintenance e.g.: cleaning contracts, repairs, redecorations etc.
- Recruit and organise training for First Aiders and Fire Wardens
- Lead on all physical security requirements relating to the Information Security Management System
- Manage the drafting of and negotiations for legal agreements, including contracts for services, grant agreements, MOUs and licence agreements
- Ensure Good Things has appropriate insurance policies in place and that these are renewed on an annual basis
- Support the Partnerships and Fundraising team with the execution of legal agreements to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, providing advice on contract negotiations with funders
- Carry out due diligence checks on suppliers as and when required
- Ensure signed copies of all agreements are held on record and manage our contracts ledger so they can be easily accessed when required
- Ensure all legal contracts are signed off at the appropriate level – e.g.: Manager, Director or external solicitor.
- Lead on the procurement of devices and connectivity. Work with suppliers, issue tenders, manage invoicing and requesting of POs, place orders and track and manage all deliveries
- Lead of the procurement of a device refurbishment supplier, supporting Good Things ambition to reduce our carbon footprint
- Manage the Operations team administrative budget and help to reduce our central costs by conducting a review of our central expenditure to ensure we are maximising what we can spend on our charitable objectives and that we are getting best value for money
- Manage supplier contracts, ensure copies of contracts are stored in a central location, that business owners are aware of their responsibilities and there is effective budget management of all products and services delivered by a third party
How to apply
Please return your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com by the closing date of 17th September 2021. Please get in touch of you would like to submit your covering letter in an alternative format such as audio or video. Please also complete our Equality and Diversity form to help us monitor our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which for this position, will include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
- A satisfactory DBS check (some roles)