Job type: 3 month contract, (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Home Based, Head office is in Sheffield
Rate: £300 per day
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 6 July 2020
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.8 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
We are now looking for an experienced Test Analyst to support the Digital Team. Working within our busy, friendly digital team you will assist in increasing the quality of our digital products and services by ensuring software is fit for purpose before release.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Functional testing of our software
- Assessing the level of confidence in a system before go-live
- Documenting system behaviours and requirements.
- Overseeing the application and content of releases
- Ensuring the validity of the data stored within our systems
- Providing clarity on known quality issues for all releases to business owners
- Liaising with the business over issues raised with newly released services
- Input into agile requirements and planning process
- Assisting in the investigation and analysis of live incidents.
You will have experience of:
- Testing web based applications in an agile environment
- Working using your own initiative to uncover and document defects
With the following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- Defect management using JIRA to track issues through the Defect Management lifecycle
- Experience in a range of tools
- An understanding of agile development processes and tools
- Persistence to uncover scenarios others may not have
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- Any experience of using automation tools for regression and API testing would be a real advantage.
- An understanding of using SQL to query databases to interrogate the data behind your tests