Job type: Full time (37.5 hours per week, though part time would be considered) Fixed Term Appointment for 6 months
Salary: £17,550 per annum, plus excellent benefits
Closing date: 5.00pm on Wednesday 27 March
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK's leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we've helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
You'll support the Design team (part of Good Things Foundation's Design, Research and Communications directorate), helping to research, design and evaluate new models and interventions to address digital and social exclusion in the UK.
Through your internship, you'll have an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and experience across user research and service design, as well as develop your skills in communicating findings and learning, in agile and lean working, and in relationship management.
You'll be passionate about social change, supporting communities, your own learning and development, and taking both a holistic and targeted view of social problems and the role of digital inclusion.
Your responsibilities will include:
Working on the ground with the Online Centres Network and other partners, understanding the needs of the people they support and the services and systems they interact with, and co-creating solutions.
You'll communicate lessons learned, helping colleagues, partners and centres building a solid understanding, and contributing to a clear evidence base for what works and what doesn't.
Your role and responsibilities will mostly be within the areas of service design and user research (see job description for full details)
You will have some experience of and a demonstrable interest in:
- Working collaboratively to understand problems and identify solutions
- User research and design methods
- Working or volunteering in a fast-paced environment (or proven appetite to gain this experience)
With the following education and qualifications, knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of service design and user research principles and techniques
- Knowledge of, or demonstrable interest in, digital and social inclusion, or social change more generally
- Curiosity to look deeper into problems to question and explore them and uncover insight and evidence
- Empathy to explore and understand the real context around the challenges people are facing
- Desire to work in the open to share your work in progress and be open to feedback and challenge throughout
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written, creative
- Strong interpersonal skills - listening, relationship building, understanding other people's needs and contexts
- Strong time management skills - planning, prioritising
- Degree, or equivalent experience in design, research or social change
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.