An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
A pivotal role on a ground-breaking project that aims to inspire, engage and transform the digital skills of individuals across the UK. As the Service Delivery Manager, you will lead ‘on the ground’ delivery in dedicated spaces around the country and co-ordinate the staffing and project delivery, whilst managing key relationships with stakeholders.
You’ll be part of a new exciting project at Good Things Foundation which aims to inspire, engage and transform the digital skills of individuals across the UK. The project will design, test and roll out an exciting new approach to working with people who are online but using the internet in a limited way. (See our report ‘The Real Digital Divide’).
Your key objectives will be:
- Leading the operational management of a high-street learning space in which a new learning offer will be deployed across the UK, ensuring key deliverables and milestones are met on time, to a high standard
- Building and managing relationships with key stakeholders ranging from large corporates and public services to community organisations and contracted suppliers to ensure a) a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities and b) how working together, we can change people’s lives through digital
- Leading the planning and deployment of activities within the learning space that ensure not only the project meets it’s profiled targets but there is legacy beyond delivery that continues to benefit community organisations and digitally excluded adults
- Ensuring a person-centred approach is adopted by all individuals who deliver the learning space by inspiring, supporting and leading the multi-agency team
You will have experience of:
- Operational management, ideally in the third or commercial sector
- Working in customer/people facing roles leading high standards of customer service
- Managing staff and working with and / or leading volunteers
- Agile delivery - working in an iterative way to respond to feedback and develop/improve services continuously
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
- A confident communicator with excellent people/interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to work collaboratively both internally and externally, with people at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills with a solution focussed approach
- The ability to balance strategic thinking with a practical approach to day-to-day operational delivery
- Commitment to delivering Good Things Foundation’s mission in partnership with others.
- A minimum of five GCSEs A* - C or equivalent, including Maths & English.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination