An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.8 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
We are looking for an experienced administrator to cover for a period of maternity leave. Your role will be to ensure Good Things Foundation runs effective administrative processes and has a healthy and pleasant work environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring our offices, meeting rooms, equipment & facilities are kept to a high standard & that repairs are dealt with quickly & efficiently
- Provide cost effective administrative service for:
- travel & accommodation bookings
- Mobile phone procurement
- Stationery and office furniture procurement
- Office refreshments
- Team meetings
- Finance team
- Ensuring the office environment is kept tidy and is a safe and pleasant place to work
- Liaising with the landlord and their agents to ensure all repairs and maintenance are carried out effectively and speedily
- Providing event/project/ad hoc support to the wider team
- Support on administering the City & Guilds Online Basics qualification
- Organising all relevant health and safety inspections and recruit and organise training for first aiders and fire wardens
- Coordinate onboarding and induction processes for all new staff,working with HR and line managers. Lead on office induction for new staff
You will have experience of:
- Carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks in an office environment
- Contributing to a range of different health and safety inspections or risk assessments
- Delivering staff inductions or on boarding
- Working on own initiative but also being a member of a wider team
- Some experience of online booking systems
- CRM or database experience
With the following knowledge and skills:
- Good time management and ability to prioritise
- Proficient in computer packages (email, word processing, spreadsheets)
- Good keyboard skills and accuracy
- Good vocabulary including grammar and spelling
- Numeric assimilation and manipulation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to meet changing demands
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.