Job type: 37.5 hours p/w. Fixed Term Appointment - 1st September 2020 to 27th May 2021. You may be required to work out of hours to meet operational needs.
Location: Home / Field based - Our Head office is based in Sheffield but we will consider applicants based elsewhere who have successfully managed remote teams, worked remotely and will be prepared to travel to Sheffield regularly.
Salary: £27,000 - £32,000 dependant upon experience (per annum, pro rata for the duration of the contract), plus excellent benefits.
Closing Date: 7th July 2020
Please note: This role will require you to undertake and successfully pass a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.8 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
You will work as part of Good Things Foundation Census team to support the delivery of the Census Support Service for Census 2021. You will be responsible for 12 regionally based staff, overseeing all on the ground activity to build and manage relationships with centres and local ONS colleagues to ensure the Census Support Service plays an effective role in supporting people to complete their Census.
An organised, efficient and collaborative individual with high attention to detail and experience of managing the implementation of complex projects. Responsible for the leadership and management of 12 staff, based across England and Wales.
Your responsibilities will include:
Playing a key role in the development and implementation of the Census Support Service (CSS) for the 2021 Census, you will work with the Census project team and the Office for National Statistics (ONS), including local and regional teams managing field operations and community engagement support activities that will drive take-up of the Census Support Service and maximise Census completions across the regions.
It is essential that you are able to demonstrate that you possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, education and qualifications (please see the job description for full requirements):
- Proven leadership of teams, including remote workers
- Operational management and quality assurance experience
- Experience of building and managing relationships with customers and stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of managing processes, working to tight deadlines and delivering results
- Experience of risk and/or incident management
- Excellent written skills and a confident communicator with excellent people/interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to find effective solutions to complex problems
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with a practical approach to day-to-day operational delivery
- Confident user of technology, with excellent digital skills
- Eligible to work in the UK in line with civil service requirements
- Willing to work flexible hours, which may include some weekend or evening working during the main operational period
- Willingness ability to travel extensively across the UK
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which for this position, will include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
The organisation will carry out a Baseline Personnel Security Standard check (BPSS) prior to your commencement of employment. This check will consist of a Right to work check, ID data check, criminal records check, employment history check and the disclosure of any significant periods spent abroad (6 months or more in the last 3 years). The BPSS check will be undertaken by an external agency.