Job type: Full time, although part time would be considered
Salary: £27,000-£37,000 pro-rata dependent upon experience, plus excellent benefits
Closing Date: 26 March 2020
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 3 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Marketing and Communications Manager to join Good Things Foundation at an exciting time in the organisation’s growth.
You will be collaborative and creative, driven by wanting to make a positive impact on people’s lives and society; and passionate about helping us to achieve our vision of a world where everyone benefits from digital technology.
You’ll be experienced in a variety of marketing and communications tactics - end-to-end from developing strategies and plans through to implementation and impact measurement, with a particular focus on behaviour change campaigns. You’ll also work with a range of our partners, across the government, private sector and charity sectors, to develop shared communications and campaigns plans.
You will be part of a busy and dynamic marketing and communications team, and will work with passionate and committed colleagues across the organisation
We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of designing and delivering effective campaigns - to change behaviours as well as raise awareness.
You will also be a communications expert, providing advice to colleagues across the organisation about strategic marketing and communications approaches, as well as the delivery of specific activities.
Alongside the skill and experiences you bring, you’ll also be curious about new developments in marketing and communications, and will bring new ideas to the organisation to help us extend our reach.
Key responsibilities will include:
Marketing and campaigns
- Lead the delivery of communications activity for some of our major projects, working with comms teams in partner organisations, including large corporate organisations.
- Develop and execute multi-channel marketing and communications plans
- Provide expert advice on the delivery of marketing and communications activity to both internal and external stakeholders
- Work with a range of external agencies, commissioning activity
- Effectively manage campaign plans and budgets
- Create key messages, content, marketing collateral and more as required
- Build strong relationships with external partners and internal colleagues
- Act as a brand ambassador for Good Things Foundation, and ensure our brand is executed effectively.
- Create a range of compelling content to help Good Things Foundation to reach our audiences and effectively tell our story - including press releases, web copy, social media content and much more
- Provide editing and proofreading support
- Update websites and web content, using CMS systems
- Run digital and social media campaigns.
- At least three years’ experience in a marketing and communications role
- Experience of developing and implementing marketing and communications plans
- Experience of commissioning and working with agencies
- Experience of working with stakeholders at a senior level and developing excellent relationships
- Experience of delivering complex communications plans
- Experience of running social media campaigns
- Experience of running behaviour change campaigns
Knowledge and skills required:
- Ability to lead and deliver multiple projects at one time
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Confident using web CMS programmes
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Strong organisational skills, project management and a keen attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which for this position, will include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
The organisation will carry out a Baseline Personnel Security Standard check (BPSS) prior to your commencement of employment. This check will consist of a Right to work check, ID data check, criminal records check, employment history check and the disclosure of any significant periods spent abroad (6 months or more in the last 3 years). The BPSS check will be undertaken by an external agency.