An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK's leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we've helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
As Learning & Development Manager at Good Things Foundation, you will be responsible for delivering innovative and evidence-based approaches to learning across the organisation.
You'll have a deep understanding of what learning is, from traditional skills-based course structures to learning for behavioural change.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a small team of Learning Designers to develop user-focused content in the context of our overall curricula offer across Good Things Foundation's Digital and Social Inclusions themes (for example: Essential Digital Skills. Digital Financial Capability, Digital Health Literacy, Pre Entry English Language).
- Taking a creative and imaginative approach, this role will also be responsible for designing content to support the workforce, developing the skills of people across the Digital and Social Inclusion themes. This includes the Online Centres network (tutors and volunteers) and professionals from different sectors e.g. health and social care.
- You'll lead Good Things Foundation's expertise in learning, drawing on best practice within pedagogy and pushing boundaries for new learning techniques, particularly in digital learning.
- You'll work closely with the Digital and Service Design Teams to design and pilot innovative new approaches to learning, firmly based on the lived experiences of learners we support.
- Most importantly, you'll need to be an individual with drive, energy and passion who meets Good Things Foundation's core values & behaviours.
You will have experience of:
- Extensive proven experience of managing multiple and complex projects, ideally in a web or e-learning environment
- Proven experience of commissioning/managing third-party supply contracts together with a knowledge of Government procurement guidelines/processes
- Experienced and confident with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Google and other equivalents
- Demonstrable experience of using your own initiative to innovate and deliver improvements for the organisation or service users
- Experience in effective staff management
- Experience of effective budget management
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
- Great knowledge of learning methodologies
- Evidence of continuous personal development
- Excellent written skills
- Great communicator
- Ability to think innovatively
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise
- Line management skills
- Knowledge of Government learning policy
- Knowledge of the UK e-learning industry
- Degree or equivalent
- A minimum of five GCSEs A* - C or equivalent, including Maths & English
- Experience of trialling new approaches to learning
- Ability to apply learning methodologies to a range of needs and scenarios in the digital and social inclusion space
- Teaching qualification
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.