An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK's leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we've helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
The postholder will be responsible for designing, building and user testing of creative, innovative and inspirational learning content, building relationships and gathering requirements with stakeholders to improve the Good Things Foundation learning offer.
We are looking for a dynamic and values-driven Learning Designer to join our award winning Learning team and help grow our learning presence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining your own portfolio of learning products and services, and will continuously aim to improve your portfolio based on user feedback, data analytics and business need.
- Actively promoting our expertise in learning, drawing on best practice from the latest developments in learning and development, and pushing boundaries for new learning techniques, particularly in digital learning.
- Undertaking other duties for the Learning Team which will include updating and writing new web content, monitoring and moderating user generated web content, analysing user trends and delivering face to face and webinar content you have designed.
You will have experience of:
- Producing inspirational learning content, particularly e learning.
- Working closely with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Desirable - experience of delivering learning content face to face.
- Desirable - experience of developing content for socially excluded adults.
With the following knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Confident communicator.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise.
- Good technology skills in basic/everyday IT.
- Knowledge of any Web Content Management System.
- Knowledge of elearning authoring tools e.g. Articulate storyline, Adapt.
- Knowledge of multimedia software e.g. Adobe Indesign, photoshop.
- Knowledge of at least one of the strategic areas in which Good Things Foundation operates (Digital and Social Inclusion).
- Knowledge of the pedagogy underpinning learning content.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
How to apply:
To apply, please read the full job description and complete an application form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form. Send your CV and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 December 2018.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.