Job type: Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 pa depending upon experience, plus excellent benefits
Closing Date: 19 February 2020 (midnight)
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.8 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
An exciting, varied and critical role, you will be working as part of our Digital Team to provide support to all users of our technology and services. Including working with internal and external customers.
The role is responsible for the support of:
- Our desktop IT (mainly Apple Mac OS)
- Our web-based services
- Supporting the business with ad-hoc data fixes
- Supporting the business with day-to-day information security processes
- Sharing knowledge with the digital team and wider organisation on the best way to keep our data and organisation secure
Your responsibilities will include: (See job description for full list)
- Face-to-face and tech support for approximately 80 staff
- Responsible for the asset management process.
- Help maintain the operational security of our office systems.
- To work with the digital team to ensure the security of our network.
- Responsible as the first point of contact for all IT and security incidents.
- Playing a pivotal role in the digital team in prioritising and communicating issues that require the development team to fix and updating the business on progress of fixes
- Identifying and implementing improvements in our system and IT support processes
- Supporting the Senior Digital Project Manager to implement and manage robust change control process for IT networks, applications, hardware and software
You will have experience of:
- Experience supporting customers in a technical environment
- Experience of managing the technical and administrative aspects of office equipment in a small to medium size organisation
- Experience of database and web technologies
- Experience of working using your own initiative to solve problems
- Experience of ensuring the security of office systems
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
Self-starter - able to work independently
Proactive - willingness to take ownership of issues
Strong commitment to digital social inclusion
Qualification in a technical subject or recent relevant industry experience
How to apply:
For a full job description and application form please see the Work for Us page of our website and send your CV and completed application form to: email@example.com by 19 February 2020 (midnight).
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which for this position, will include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
The organisation will carry out a Baseline Personnel Security Standard check (BPSS) prior to your commencement of employment. This check will consist of a Right to work check, ID data check, criminal records check, employment history check and the disclosure of any significant periods spent abroad (6 months or more in the last 3 years). The BPSS check will be undertaken by an external agency.