An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.8 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
We are looking for an experienced IT Support Technician to fill a critical role in the organisation providing support to all users of our technology and services. Including working with internal and external customers to:
- Support our desktop/laptop IT (mainly Apple Mac OS)
- Support our web-based services
- Support the business with ad-hoc data fixes and reports
- Support the business with day-to-day information security processes
- Share knowledge on the best way to keep our data and organisation secure
You will have experience of:
- Supporting customers in a technical environment
- Managing the technical and administrative aspects of office equipment in a small to medium size organisation
- Database and web technologies
- Working using your own initiative to solve problems
- Ensuring the security of office systems
With the following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- Good technical ability
- Proactive in self development
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Understanding of the management of Apple Mac devices in a business environment
- Database and SQL skills
- Web development/programming skills
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.