An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
You will be part of the team responsible for the design, development and support of our digital products. You will develop code to ensure the successful delivery and evolution of our digital products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Face to face tech support for approx 70 staff using Mac and Windows laptops, Google cloud based software and other office software
- Set up of new office based systems including laptops, meeting room kit and routers
- Helping to ensure the security of our office systems by managing system patches, anti-virus software etc.
- Working with our business support team and partners to verify, identify and log live bugs and issues in our online systems
- Playing a central role in the digital team in communicating and helping to prioritise key issues
- Liasing with suppliers, stakeholders and commercial customers
- Identifying and implementing improvement to the support process
- Managing issues through the release cycle using our ticketing systems
You will have experience of:
- Supporting customers in a technical environment
- Database and web technologies
- Working using your own initiative to solve problems
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
- Excellent communications skills - the confidence to communicate with clarity both in person and using online tools
- Great analytical and problem solving skills - you will need a keen eye for detail and be expected to understand why problems are occurring and translate this into language the rest of the business will understand
- Technical ability - A demonstrable enthusiasm for tech and the ability to work out for yourself how technology works and how to fix it
- Excellent planning and organisational skills - you will need to respond to a variety of demands and the ability to prioritise, manage expectations and deliver will be essential
- Coding skills - an understanding of web development technologies and security considerations
- Database skills - an understanding of using SQL to query databases to look into issues regarding data
- Self-starter - able to work independently
- You must also possess a qualification in a technical subject or have relevant industry experience
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.