An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK's leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we've helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
As the Head of Learning, you will be responsible for embedding innovative and evidence-based approaches to learning across the organisation. You'll have a deep understanding of what learning is, from traditional skills-based course structures to learning for behavioural change. Most importantly, you'll need to be an individual with drive, energy and passion who meets Good Things Foundation's core values & behaviours.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining and implementing an organisational strategy for community learning, working with the Heads of Digital and Social inclusion to develop an approach that meets the needs of our learners and closely aligns with government policy.
- Leading our expertise in learning, drawing on best practice within pedagogy and pushing boundaries for new learning techniques, particularly in digital learning.
- Working closely with the Head of Research to design and pilot innovative new approaches to learning, firmly based in the lived experiences of learners we support.
- Leading a dynamic award winning team of learning specialists and working to develop a network of strategic partners in the learning and training arena, positioning us as a leading learning and training organisation in informal/community learning, digital learning and corporate training.
- Being a key part of our Leadership Team to champion and drive the organisation's strategic objectives 'Digital and Social Inclusion through digital' enabling the organisation to diversify and grow to realise our strategic ambitions.
You will have experience of:
- At least 4 years of working within a learning or training role.
- Developing great learning materials using a user centred design process.
- Delivering face to face training.
- Working closely with external organisations.
With the following knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Great knowledge of learning methodologies.
- Great at forming strategic relationships.
- Excellent written skills.
- Great communicator.
- Ability to be innovative.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise.
- Line management skills.
- Knowledge of Government learning policy.
- Knowledge of the UK e-learning industry.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A minimum of five GCSEs A* - C or equivalent, including Maths & English
- Teaching qualification (desirable).
- Experience of trialing new approaches to learning.
- Ability to apply learning methodologies to a range of needs and scenarios in the digital and social inclusion space.
How to apply:
To apply, please read the full job description and complete an application form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form. Send your CV and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 December 2018.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.