An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.8 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
We are looking for a high performing, inspirational leader playing an instrumental role in helping Good Things Foundation continue to grow its impact as a charity, changing millions of lives through digital.
Adaptable, resourceful and resilient, you will lead a selection of projects as part of Good Things Foundation’s UK portfolio, championing digital social change and building and maintaining excellent relationships with our funders.
These projects will be delivered through community-based organisations in the Online Centres Network, and with other delivery partners. Some projects may involve leading direct delivery.
This is one of two identical Head of Digital Social Inclusion roles in the team delivering Good Things Foundation’s UK portfolio, each responsible for a different set of projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a portfolio of projects as part of Good Things Foundation’s UK portfolio, providing strategic direction and advice to staff and teams delivering the projects, managing risks and resolving delivery issues
- Operating end-to-end to power Good Things Foundation’s impact as a charity, through both business development and delivery
- Resource management of projects in the portfolio the role oversees, working with the Director of Digital Social Inclusion and the Chief Operating Officer
- Championing digital social change as the cornerstone of Good Things Foundation’s mission, seeking out new opportunities and developing existing partnerships
- Line managing 3 Managers and has responsibility for an Officer within the team, but this may change depending on business needs
You will have experience of:
- Between 2 - 4 years of management in an organisation of at least comparable size
- Contributing to the development of strategy, business plans and organisational development
- Empowering staff to perform at their best
- Managing, monitoring and where necessary revising complex projects to meet organisational objectives and the needs of the network
- Proven success in delivering a wide range of projects for, at least one of: Government; Trust and Foundations; and Corporates
- Delivering and reporting on progress and performance of programmes
- Contributing to the wider corporate needs of an organisation beyond your immediate job description
With the following knowledge and skills:
- Ability to manage flexible teams of staff to achieve challenging delivery objectives in a cross-functional organisation
- Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and those you manage
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively and to turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Proactive and skilled in solving problems
- Beneficial, but not essential, to have an understanding of Government policy and a track record of working with officials in Government Departments
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.