Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
Playing a pivotal role in the development and implementation of Good Things Foundation’s Assisted Digital service for the 2021 Census, working with the Office for National Statistics (ONS), we are looking for an operational expert with the confidence and skills to lead the design, delivery and quality assurance of this critical national service. You will contribute to supporting large numbers of people across England and Wales to participate in a ‘digital first’ Census as well as building their confidence with digital.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The main point of contact for ONS, leading on the operational delivery of the Assisted Digital service with oversight of all aspects of internal strategic and operational management including quality assurance and risk mitigation.
- You will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Digital Social Inclusion, who are ultimately responsible for business operations and the development of our UK portfolio and accountable for our delivery respectively.
- As a member of the Good Things Foundation Leadership Team you will contribute to the organisation’s strategic direction, champion behaviours and manage change.
The ideal candidate:
- You are modern, visionary and analytical, understanding the power of digital social change and how it can help people lead better lives. You are driven to make good things happen through digital technology.
- You always deliver what you say you will. Passionate about making things happen effectively and efficiently, you role model and ensure excellent project delivery and maintain strong relationships with funders and partners.
- You combine strong leadership with a collaborative team approach, drawing on key strengths and skills on the project team whilst ensuring milestones and deliverables are met on time, within budget at the required standard.
- You combine a keen eye for detail with the ability to create long-term strategic plans for service delivery. In doing this you will identify, monitor and mitigate against potential risks and issues that may affect the delivery and impact of a service.
You will have experience of:
- Minimum 2 - 4 years experience of management in a organisation of at least comparable size
- Managing, monitoring and where necessary revising complex projects to meet agreed deliverables, organisational objectives and the needs of users
With the following knowledge and skills:
- Ability to manage flexible teams of staff to achieve challenging delivery objectives in a cross-functional organisation
- Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and those you manage
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively and to turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows
You will be required to sign the Census Confidentiality Undertaking which commits you to protecting personal information in line with legal and other requirements. During operational periods you may be required to work out of hours to meet operational needs.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.