Job type: Preferred full-time: 37.5 hours per week, will consider part-time. Permanent role.
Location: Sheffield, Flexible home working can be discussed.
Salary: £18,135 - £26,000, dependent upon experience, plus excellent benefits
Closing Date: Friday 18th September 2020
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.8 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes such as employment, reducing loneliness, supporting basic digital skills, and health and wellbeing.
We are seeking a proactive, creative and organised Fundraising Officer to provide fundraising support to our Bid Development Manager as we grow and diversify our income as a charity.
Your responsibilities will include:
You will ensure the effective management of fundraising bids through:
- Working closely with the Bid Development Manager, freelance associates and wider team members to generate income
- Copywriting for funding bids
- Proactively search for funding opportunities
- Undertake desk research, pulling together statistics to support bids and applications
- Bringing together teams from across the organisation to work on bids
- Leading bid administration, ensuring bids are submitted accurately and on time
- Maintain fundraising files and processes
- Working closely with partner organisations on consortium bids to bring together information
- Meeting with stakeholders in order to understand requirements and to raise the profile of Good Things Foundation
- Supporting the development of bid budgets
- Updating the pipeline report spreadsheet
- Other bid support as required
- Supporting the bid manager to explore and pilot other fundraising opportunities.
It is essential that you are able to demonstrate that you possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, education and qualifications:
- Experience of fundraising, generating income and/or business development
- Experience in writing reports/essays/papers for external audiences
- Extensive experience of administration of complex projects/work activities
- Carried out research on different topics with a clear goal in mind
- Being proactive in making a sustainable difference through voluntary or other activities
- Working as part of a team to deliver an outcome
- Experience of having to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Good research skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable passion for the role of digital technology to deliver social change at a national and an international level
- Excellent IT skills including the use of spreadsheets
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
Safeguarding Statement and Pre-Employment Checks
Here at Good Things Foundation, we work with vulnerable adults and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare at all times, in line with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures. All of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply with the policy and procedures. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which for this position, will include:
- An identity check (photo ID)
- Receipt of two satisfactory references
- Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK