An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010, we’ve helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to take lead responsibility to ensure that all our international finance transactions are effectively processed and accurately recorded. You will work with our international teams to ensure they get the finance support they need to run the international operations.
You will be a confident individual with exceptional interpersonal, organisational and prioritisation skills. You will also have experience of bookkeeping and accounting using Sage or equivalent accounting packages.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To keep up to date with good practice in international and multi-exchange rate financial management and work with the Head of Finance to develop and run effective finance systems, providing guidance to staff as required.
- To lead on recording and control of all international and foreign currency finance transactions. This would include accounting for VAT, GST and other taxes accurately on the Sage accounts system, as well posting and recording payroll, expenses, grants purchases, sales, PayPal, debit and credit cards and bank transactions.
- To resolve effectively all enquiries from customers, centres suppliers and staff on finance queries
- To carry out regular checks, controls and reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our processing, this would include the monthly bank reconciliations, supplier and customer reconciliations and other “internal audit” checks and recommend remedial action to deal with any problems
- To manage sales ledger invoicing & lead in credit control, ensuring timely payment is received for all our sales and outstanding debts are regularly chased
- To work with the Head of Finance to get the best from our Sage and Paperless accounting systems, developing reports etc to meet The Good Things Foundation’s needs.
- To train overseas and other relevant staff (including induction) on how to use the finance system, claim expenses, order goods and organise sales invoices
- Support effective internal communications between the finance function and the Good Things Foundation’s international staff team - via email, Slack etc
- To work with the Finance Officer (UK) to reconcile intercompany accounts
You will have experience of:
- Working in administrative roles
- Bookkeeping and accounting using Sage or equivalent accounting packages
- Multi exchange rate transaction processing
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
- Extensive bookkeeping and accountancy knowledge including an understanding of how international accounting works
- Confidence and exceptional interpersonal, organisational and prioritisation
- Ability to use judgement and discretion
- Proficient in computer packages (email, word processing, spreadsheets, CRM or database, accounting)
- Excellent keyboard skills and accuracy
- Good vocabulary and attention to detail, including grammar and spelling
- Excellent numeric assimilation and manipulation
- Ability to present financial information to non-financial staff to help them manage their budgets and make effective decisions
- Ability to work remotely and flexibly each week to support international projects
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) inc English and Maths (essential)
- Accounting Technician or equivalent (desirable)
The post holder will be required to be flexible with regards to the time of day they undertake their work hours due to working with international colleagues/companies). Part-time working would be considered for this role.
How to apply:
To apply, please read the full job description then complete an application form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and submit alongside your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 February 2019 (midnight).
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.