Job type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £27,000 - £37,000 depending on experience, plus excellent benefits
Closing Date: 18 January 2019
An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is a social change charity. We're growing both in impact and in scale in the UK and globally, and we need a creative, experienced and driven communications professional to be part of our team.
Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we're supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they face through digital. Since 2010 we've helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, helping them to be healthier, happier and better off. We're growing in both impact and scale, and we need an experienced and creative communications professional to join our team to help us to share this impact.
You'll have an eye for a good story, and know how, when and where to tell it. You'll have experience of building and maintaining organisational reputation, an interest in government policy, an understanding of how organisations can successfully communicate with stakeholders, and a strong track record of securing media coverage.
You'll have experience of developing and implementing effective communications strategies, and you'll bring new ideas of how we can grow our reach. In return, you'll be part of a passionate and committed team, and you'll have the opportunity to use your creative and strategic skills to have a real impact on the lives of excluded people.
We're ambitious about the impact we can have, and we need someone who shares this ambition, and who can bring their ideas and experience to help us achieve our goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and delivery the organisation's external communications strategy
- Manage the organisation's external communications activity including media relations, blogs, and stakeholder communications
- Manage the organisation's reputation with stakeholders, including MPs
- Lead on the collection and development of powerful case studies to raise the organisation's profile and demonstrate our impact
- Bring new ideas to help us share our stories and those of our network.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Communications to create and manage a cross-organisational, integrated marketing and communications strategy.
- Lead on the delivery of events, including Good Things Foundation's annual conference, and as well as other events including roundtables and seminars
- Identify opportunities for Good Things Foundation to raise our profile through conferences and events.
Project marketing and communications
- Work with our expert delivery teams, who are running projects in communities to support digitally and socially excluded people. You'll work with them to develop and deliver plans that will maximise the impact of this activity
- Provide writing and editing support across the organisation, ensuring our tone of voice is consistent, and finding creative opportunities to tell our story.
- Act as a communications champion, giving advice and supporting teams across the organisation.
You will have experience of:
- Experience of developing and implementing successful external and stakeholder communications plans
- Experience of delivering communications plans
- Experience of using creative communications methods
- Proven experience of delivering and managing successful events
- Experience of securing media coverage for organisations
- Significant experience in a management role.
- Experience of commissioning and working with agencies.
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude
- Proactive with strong organisational skills, project management and a keen attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work with flexible staff teams to meet objectives
- Ability to lead successful workstreams or projects
- Ability to devise and control realistic budgets and keep track of income and expenditure delegated to you and your team
- Degree/NVQ Level 5 or Equivalent Experience
- Marketing or communications qualification (desirable)
How to apply:
To apply, please read the full job description, then complete an application form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and submit alongside your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 January 2019.
Good Things Foundation is a social change organisation with a mission to ensure that everyone benefits from digital. We live the change we are seeking to achieve and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds. We operate a policy of providing equal opportunities in all aspects of work including recruitment, training, and promotion, whatever the colour, race, religion, belief, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability of an employee, having regard to the individual's aptitudes and abilities and requirements for the job. Good Things Foundation is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.