An opportunity to be part of a dynamic social change charity, working at scale across the UK and internationally.
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital and social inclusion charity. Our mission is a world where everyone can benefit from digital. Through our Online Centres Network of hyperlocal partners, we are supporting people and communities to overcome some of the most pressing social challenges they are facing through digital.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2.4 million people to improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing.
You will be responsible for leading our reputation as an international expert in the data-driven digital social change. You will do this through leadership of the Data Insights Team, embedding the data community within Good Things Foundation and ensuring we are credible in occupying this space.
You will work closely with the Head of Research and Evaluation to contribute to the Research and Evaluation Team’s vision and how this delivers the Good Things Foundation strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of the Data Insights Team
- Development of Good Things Foundation’s data reputation
- Data analysis and dissemination
- Business Strategy & Innovation
- Research and Evaluation
- Ways of Working
(Full details are contained within the job description)
You will have experience of:
- Experience of leading data or research teams, providing strategic support and influence
- Experience of leading research projects
- Experience of Web Analytics
- Experience using data visualisation
- Proven experience in using data tools, analysis and reporting
- Sound understanding of the role of databases in data storage and management
- Strong analysis skills - Advanced user of spreadsheets and databases
- Experience of leading data-driven delivery programmes
- Programming experience to analyse extremely large datasets and to build tools that make data analysis easier
- Experience using MySQL and Postgres databases
With the following education, knowledge and skills:
- Ability to understand and integrate data at a technical level
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Skills in providing high-level communication using data visualisations.
- A strong natural curiosity and related skills to discover the meaning behind data
- Capacity to identify trends in existing data and to consider implications of these to the organisation
- Skills in report writing and using social media
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with, and provide training to, staff teams
- Ability to lead successful workstreams or projects
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent people skills
- Degree (or equivalent) or equivalent experience in a relevant area (e.g. statistics, information technology, maths, economics, education, health) (Essential)
- A relevant Masters Degree (or equivalent) with evidence of research methods (Desirable)